Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Remembering Ohm's law

Came across this beautiful way of remembering Ohm's law V = I*R.

Arrange the letters in the form of a triangle as follows. It is as if the area of the triangle has been divided into 3 areas each represented by V, I and R.

V
- - -
I | R

* To obtain the formula for I, just cross out I from the figure and you are left with V/R.
* To obtain the formula for R, just cross out R from the figure and you are left with V/I.
* To obtain the formula for V, just cross out V from the figure and you are left with IR.

Nothing special really, but I think it's beautiful !:)

Infact, this arrangement could be used to represent any equation of the form A=B*C.

1 comment:

Atul Deshpande said...

The problem with all such equations(A=B*C), will then shift to which was the quantity on top, or to be fundamentally more correct, which was the entity to the left of the '=' mark. :)

Anyway, if u can't get A=B*C, u don't need to load ur brain with V, I and R. :P